Saturday, January 30, 2016

What’s Better: “Credit in Your Account” or “Special Savings”?

Last week I got an email from iHerb.com.  I buy some of my supplements from them.
This email caught my attention because subject line was: $5.00 Loyalty Credit in Your Account.
The email went on to say they had “upgraded” my account to include their new Loyalty Credit Program.
This new program entitles me to automatically earn a 10% credit on every iHerb order, regardless of size.  The 10% credit can be applied toward my next order, placed within 60 days, once my current order is shipped.
They mentioned, to give me a jumpstart, they’ve deposited a credit of $5.00 in my iHerb account, a 10% minimum of the average order value, based on the orders I placed over the past year.
            This was a very effective mail for three reasons…
1)    The idea that I have a “credit” in my account was very appealing.  Better than the standard, BOGO Free or Special Savings.
2)    Being “upgraded” made me feel valued and appreciated.
3)   Getting on-going credit sounded very appealing—I like building up credit so I can get something at a big discount or nearly free.
Guess what?  I used the $5.00 credit for my next order.
This is a good lesson in how to get the attention of your customers…make them feel valued…and get another order.
Sometimes all it takes is a fresh look at old sales tactics.  Works like magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment